Our pediatric physical therapy program emphasizes a team approach with respect to the evaluation and treatment of your child.
What type of conditions are treated with Pediatric Orthopedic Physical Therapy?
- Balance Deficits
- Knee Injuries (ACL)
- Little League Elbow
- Osgood Schlatter Disease
- PatelloFemoral Syndrome
- Post Operative
- Postural Dysfunction
- Repetitive Stress Injuries
- Shin Splints
- Strength/Endurance Deficits
- Thrower's Shoulder
The Goals of Pediatric Physical Therapy
The main goal of the pediatric physical therapy program is to minimize disability, and help the children get back to the activities they do best – play, attend school, and participate in community activities.
We provide care that is designed to achieve the following:
- Improve mobility
- Develop or restore function
- Relieve pain
- Promote overall health & wellbeing
- Prevent, slow down, or decrease the impact of physical disabilities
Reclaim Physical Therapy has the knowledge and experience to fully evaluate and prescribe a course of physical therapy that will safely address the unique needs of the pediatric orthopedic patient.
What type of treatment is involved in Pediatric Orthopedic Physical Therapy?
- Balance/ Core Conditioning
- Individualized Instruction - Clear Communication with Parent & Child
- Manual Physical Therapy
- Neuromuscular Re-education
- Orthopedic & Sports Rehabilitation
- Postural Education & Conditioning
- Specific Home Exercises
- Soft Tissue Mobilization
- Therapeutic Exercise (Stretching & Strengthening component)